Thursday, May 04, 2006

Is anybody there?

If you're reading this, then either you're a stranger to me, and you're lost (in which case welcome, feel free to leave a comment, nobody else will be), or I'm somewhere in South Korea. At the moment the former seems more likely to me, since the latter scenario only exists so far as a statistical possibility. Even though as I've said Korea may never happen, if it does, then today will be the day that I'll remember as the day we decided to go for it. We've been talking about it for the past couple of weeks, but only now does it feel like a realistic possibilty to me. I've also noticed my thoughts today turning slightly from blind fear ("how am I gonna tell my mum about this!?") to more practical issues ("how am I gonna tell my mum she's gonna have to store all my stuff!?"). Tonight we're going to email the Korean guy our CV's and see if he'll have us. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have these comments disappeared to young Ryan?

Ryan said...

What comments young Katie? What comments?

Anonymous said...

Oh. How strange. They've gone now (are you the administrator? hmmmm). Sorry my first comment was so boring anyway. I shall try harder in future.

I very much like and enjoy reading your travel blog. (So much so in fact, that I am going to completely copy the idea for my travels). It's a rollercoaster ride of excitement; from Emma's missing passport to the swindelling of the taxi driver to the choosing of the fish in the tank. What's next?! Better than Neighbours!

Keep up the good work.

ps - I will not be tolerating any yanky accent you may have picked up when I come to stay. Cellphones indeed!