Monday, May 08, 2006

One step at a time

Actually feeling quite calm today. No, that's a lie, I'm just in denial. If I think about the reality too much my stomach starts to churn, so trying not to think too far ahead. Tomorrow morning (at 7am!) Benjamin Ha may be ringing to answer our questions and discuss arrangements - I say 'may' as there was a bit of confusion over the timezones, so it's possible he hasn't yet read the email Emma sent to confirm the time. Anyway, I'm doing my best not think of anything beyond that. We seem to be taking it in turns at freaking out - on Thursday (after wasting most of the afternoon researching Korea online) I started having minor heart palpitations. I got over that, only to come home on Friday to find Emma jittering with second thoughts about how she'll cope with missing her Granparents. So we now have a pact - as long as our panic attacks fall on different days, one of us should be able to talk the other through it. I don't know what'll happen if we both stress out together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never told me about your heart palpatations Ryan!