Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh yes, they treat us well!

The school got us all Seollal gifts! I am disproportionately happy: We see these gift packs in the shops whenever there's one of the major gift-giving holidays coming up, and they always make me smile. Finally I have one of my very own. You can get proper luxury all-Spam sets too, but I'll settle for this. Seollal is The Lunar New Year by the way, and the reason we have the three-day weekend to enjoy starting tomorrow. I'll be living it up down in Gyeongju, so I can guarantee there won't be any more postings until (I'll optimistically say early) next week. Sae hae bok mani mani bahdeusaeyo! Happy Korean New Year!

4 comments:

shawn said...

We were spared the spam gift sets that the Korean staff recieved. We got 20,000 gift certificates for one of the department stores, which many of the koreans offered to trad eus their spam for.

Have a fun weekend! We're laying low...

Anonymous said...

hi, happenly visited your blog.
and i would like to link your post (cuttent and coming..) , in my website if you are okay... awaiting your kind reply ..once you see this note ^^ , well, my website is http://cafe.naver.com/world4u . i would like to make this place for the place for foreigners and koreans ...friendship ..^^ and for the place to show korea or korean or the way of thinking of korean, foreigners on korea or other countery ...^^ Could you please help me , if possible ?? ^^ , Currently , my website it quite calm , not that exciting ,vivid but i really would like to make it vivid place ^^ * happy new year ^^

Leanne said...

Hey,

I got exactly the same from YBM. They must have done a bulk buy.
I binned the spam...
Leanne

Ryan said...

I know there's only 4 cans of the stuff, but that's like a lifetime's supply to most of us! We're gonna attempt to make budae jiggae with some of it...

Ka, feel free to link to me if you think anyone would be interested. I tend to think it's just my family and a couple of friends reading this stuff most of the time...