Thursday, March 29, 2007

Halong Bay

Hello there. I've been a bit fluey this week, hence the delay in updating the site (not that I need an excuse really). At least, I think it's flu. I seem to have a different set of symptoms every day. Tuesday was chills, yesterday was a day-long headache, and today it's more of an all-over bone ache. Whatever's infected me wants to keep me on my toes. Also, I recently got hold of a few seasons of 24, so I've literally be unable to pull myself away from the screen. If you're are fan, you'll understand. And now I have finally gotten around to writing, I don't have long as I have to go to Korean class in half and hour (although bed would be preferable right now), so I'm gonna make it a brief (or at least as brief as I'm capable of) photo-heavy post. I still haven't managed to recover anything from my camera's memory card, despite having run half a dozen data rescue programs on it already. One of them spent 8 hours analysing the blasted thing and still didn't turn up anything of worth. The photos taken on Christa's camera are better than mine, as she has the ones of us kayaking and swimming in the bay - I didn't want to get my camera wet so we took hers out with us instead. It was mostly cloudy as you can see, although we were blessed with a few glorious hours late Friday afternoon, and we could even see some stars in the evening, though not as many as I was hoping for. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining though, because as we were up on the deck after our boat had anchored, laying in the semi-dark sipping our wine, smoking our cigars and trying to decide what animals the islands around us looked like...it was bliss. We could've happily stayed there for ever I think. This is sunset, kinda. Anyway, it's now 11:30pm (just got back from class), so we'll call this one a preview and I'll get back to you when I've got me copies of Christa's pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. So I will be the one to say, why haven't you posted since March 29th? We are even overdue a monthly update...

I think you will have to have a label called 'excuses for not posting my excuses for not posting more'.

Anonymous said...

Re last Friday.
Seems like you had a fantastic time at Carne Station. What were you 'attempting' to devour in that last photograph?
(For anyone reading this see Mel and Shawn's blog)

Ryan said...

It's mushed up with a spoon ice cream,