Friday, June 02, 2006

Always the last place you look

Hurrah!

How fabulous am I? I found Emma's passport (and all by myself), so very. Feeling quite high in fact! Must take up metal detecting or teasure hunting. Or could maybe moonlight as a private investigator. Cool. We'd agreed to spend the night looking for it again together, but I got home from work before Emma so decided to get cracking with a proper, thorough, look by myself. There's no such thing as a missing object, only an unmethodical searcher. It turned out to be in the back of one of her drawers, in some box that had initially been ruled out as worth seraching as she was so sure it wasn't in there! The downside - for Emma - is that although she now has her passport, I was so um...methodical...that she may never be able to find anything else in her room ever again.

No comments: