Wednesday, June 21, 2006

An Overdue Update

It is now just 163 hours until our flight to Korea is due to take off. That's next Tuesday. Less than a week. If I was posting on here more often I would've told you the story of the Visa near-catasprophe, but as it is, we do have Visas, we do have our passports back from the Korean Embassy in London, and we are leaving the country in 162 hours fifty five minutes. We're flying from Heathrow, which wasn't our first choice; in fact, we gave them six other choices before that, but apparently London is the cheapest, and at least it's a direct flight. We're still not even nearly prepared. Off the top of my head, we still need to: move out of our current house; pack whatever we can into the measely 20kg allowance we have and decide what we can live without; exchange some money into South Korean Won (thereby becoming insist millionaires); buy shaving gel, soap, and a thousand other consumables; arrange travl insurance; cancel my phone/broadband/car insurance...and probably a dozen other things I haven't even thought of yet. I'm pleased to say my own stress levels have reverted to baseline again this week though Emma continues to do enough worrying for the pair of us.

No comments: