Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Melbourne

Finally a few photos from Melbourne. Although I am on the internet everyday, it's been difficult to find anywhere to upload photos. I usually use the computers in the state library, because they're free (although you're suppose to limit your use to 15 minutes, ssh...), but they don't seem to like me up or down-loading stuff, and when I finally shelled out the dollars to go in a PC bang, the connection was slow so I still didn't get many up. Well, this is Melbourne, part of the central business district, at night, obviously. The river is the Yarra river. I'm not quite on the coast, but it isn't far away. This is the beach at St. kilda, a short tram ride away. I went here for the day with Michael, a german guy from my hostel. The water was freezing and it was overcast for most of the day, so it reminded me of home, in a nice way. This is the State Library of Victoria, where I am now in fact. Indeed, where I can be found most days at some point. This picture only has significance in that it's the last photo I took before dropping my trusty old Canon to its sudden end. Not worth dying for really. And this is my new Canon! Woo, yes, it's much like the old one but with a bigger screen... The view from my hostel roof, where I have spent no time other than the one trip I took to go see what was up there and take this picture. This, although perhaps not the best shot I could've chosen to display the local flora (I saw no fauna), is part of the Dandenong range national park, the first time (of two times) that I've been outside of the city. More here for the curious (ma, you've already seen 'em all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed I have, and they are very good.
Take care.
Loads of love. xxx