Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thailand photos

G'day. Since I've been using a public computer, I've been having a hell of a time trying to upload some photos, but I finally cracked it. I've had to put them up on flickr though, as blogger was taking too long and don't even get me started on facebook.

I've uploaded three sets today. The first, requested by young Katie of Barnet, is a bunch of shots mostly if not all taken by Kd, of the mangroves we paddles through when we rented a kayak for the afternoon near Krabi. The monkeys are long-tailed macaques, also known as crab-eating macaques, though they ate the pineapple we brought them with relish. The thing that looks like a crocodile is in fact a harmless monitor lizard.

Next, we have some pics from Koh Phi Phi. I haven't labelled them well as flickr is now being slow too, but they include some shots of one of the beautiful sunsets we saw there, and the day trip we took to The Beach beach (among other places) with young Ryan of Devon who we hung around with for a while on the island. In fact, most of these photos are Kd's too, as she had a waterproof case for her camera and I did not, so I didn't take mine out on the longboat with us. The sunset photos are mine though.

The third is the set promised weeks ago: a random yet representative sampling of my wildlife photos from Thailand and Cambodia (mostly the former, only the bugs are Cambodian).




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb set of photos Ryan. Loved the sunsets, the close up of the dog was really funny and ... well, they were all fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha did you deliberately choose to hang around with the only person in the world whiter and skinnier than you?! good work you bronze beefcake....

Anonymous said...

Loved the bugs. Didn't like to look at the monkey genitalia (euw!) but the elephant nose shot was excellant. One of your best! :-)
Kt

Ryan said...

Just be glad I resisted showing the pair I caught doing it on camera...