Monday, September 25, 2006

Flashback

To answer a comment left my my brother, we never did get to the DMZ. The bus never turned up to pick us up. Maybe I'd left it too late to book, I don't know, but I got an email the day after saying that my reservation had been declined, no reason given. I will go at some point so wasn't that bothered for myself, but it was one of the only things that Katie had really wanted to do while she was here, so she was disappointed. It was Sunday when we tried to go, they don't do the tours on Mondays and Katie was flying home on the Tuesday, so that was that. And I don't have any pictures of the water park as for the most part we didn't have the camera with us (not waterproof, see?) - Katie did take a couple of videos: there's a thrilling one of me on the lazy river here that you can take a peek at; there would've been anthoer one that Katie took of me on the death slide, but it turns out she was holding the camera on it's side the whole time, and you couldn't really see me anyway...

1 comment:

Katie said...

The disappointment of not going to the border was well made up for by the retail therapy that day Ry...

As I type I am glancing over at my lovely korean paper lamp which is sitting on my desk. On my bedside table, my beautiful jewellery box with bamboo picture made of mother-of-pearl has been stocked up with all my vietnamese bangles. AND! my Mum seemed pleased with her authentic korean ginsing tea.

The day was certainly not wasted.

(Mum send her love by the way!...she said she very nearly left you a comment the other day - think she is jelous of your Mum's computing abilities)