Sunday, January 07, 2007

And his hat is too big...

I received art supplies from my friends here both for my birthday and for Christmas - apparently I've managed to acquire a reputation for being somewhat arty, despite not having picked up a pencil in months - so I'm back into a drawing phase again at the moment. I'm very slowly working my way through Rob's 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain' book, which claims that anyone can be taught to draw if they put their mind to it. I've just hit the nightmare chapter, and am finally being forced to face up to light and shadow. The ever so slightly humpbacked fella on the right is mine, and on the left is Gustav 'goos-tav koor-bay' Courbet's effort. Looking at it from this angle, I'm thinking maybe I haven't finished yet, but Betty (the author) strongly advises against over-working your work so maybe I'll just let it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting better ;)
Now all you need to do is draw from photos and sell on ebay to make some pocket money. I've just about given it up so there's a position available! lol