Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend

Mary and Christa cooked dinner for me again on Friday night, my only role once again was to provide a moderately-clean room in which to eat, mine being unanimously voted as most-welcomingly decorated out of the three. The stir fry we had was excellent, and the intended main ingredient - the tofu that was forgotten in the fridge - was hardly missed at all. We followed that up with the most unhealthy way to consume strawberries I've ever had the pleasure of encountering... You can't see them here, they're buried under the mountain of ice cream, crushed Oreos, chocolate chunks, banana and maple syrup. Though hey, the banana's healthy too I guess. Forgot about that. That was all washed down by more wine, soju and sake than I really care to mention, so the pictures take a more incriminating turn from here on in, but, well, ok, you can see edited highlights here you must). On Sunday I went with new gal Dayna to visit Shawn and Mel down in Suwon - this is probably the furtherest I've yet been out of Seoul, and even Suwon's not that far. Mel and Shawn live near the yellow crayon, and Suyu is somewhere near the pink. I nearly dropped my camera trying to take this photo and hold the crayons in place at the same time. This the view from their roof. Note the turrets of the wedding castle at the bottom of the picture. Classy. Here is Dayna cutting Shawn's hair. I show this not because it was the highlight of my day, but it's the only picture I have of Dayna, and I figure she deserves to be seen. She's Canadian too, and is fact old friends with Shawn and Mel. And here is Shawn and Mel! After going out for pizza, we had to have a game of Nertz for old time's sake. (a stressful but very fun card game, one of many games we used to regularly play with them). Despite inadvertently flouting the rules (several times) me and Mel were still crushed by the opposition. Next time...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you sussed this one yet Ry?

Anonymous said...

That's not Mel you fool! It must be their friend Dana!!!

Anonymous said...

oops!! sorry the pics hadn't loaded at all! it clearly is Mel after all!!

Ryan said...

Hmm...bet you're glad you're posted anonymously now!

Melodie said...

Wow!!! I'm like a celebrity...
Hi Ryan's family! Do you know any Ericksons there in England?

Anonymous said...

Hi Melodie - only one come's to mind I'm afraid, and that's the former England football manager Sven Goran Erickson. May be he is a distant relative ...

Melodie said...

Sven sounds swedish? My great grandfather was from sweden...hmmm, maybe we are related.