Friday, October 27, 2006

Korean War Memorial Museum

I was luck enough to have a half-day off work yesterday, so I took myself off to the highly recommended Korean War Museum. I saw this public service information on the subway platform, along with a cabinet full of the gas masks themselves. Very reassuring. This is part of a protest I saw outside the museum. According to babelfish it means 'The army authorities unit previously do immediately!'. It may have something do with recent free trade negotiations with the US, but I can't swear. I didn't know what to make of this. I thought he must've died and just hadn't heard about it yet. Turns out he visited Seoul last week so I guess it's to do with that. Sadly this temporary exhibit was closed yesterday. Words of doom. This informative film about Korea's involvement in more recent conflicts was accompanied by the stirring tones of the Jurassic Park soundtrack. Aah, home...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ry - it was really funny to read your little comments under each photo. They made me laugh! I sincerely hope that you NEVER have to use the gas masks!
What a shame the Barbie exhibition was closed - it would have brought back so many memories from your childhood days (ha, ha, ha!)

Ryan said...

Cheers, ma.

Anonymous said...

Just joking!