Monday, October 30, 2006

Quarterly review

Sorry, had the weekend off. We've now been here for an unbelievable four months. It sounds like a long time but still doesn't like more than a couple. I had a dream the other night that it was next summer and I had returned home. I couldn't work out why I could only remember a few months worth of adventures, I felt kinda short-changed. This month I have started having Korean lessons twice a week. Obviously we (I'm doing it with Christa) have a long way to go, but even just being able to ask the price of something in a shop (and understand the answer without them having to write it down) is a nice start.I'm really enjoying it even though I know it won't be of much use in eight months time. Maybe I'll learn Welsh next, at least then I can just pop over the border should I need a refresher. Emma leaves for ol'Blighty in 26 days. I dare say it'll be rather weird here for a while after she's gone, I dare say in ways I haven't yet imagined yet. On the bright side however, I'll gain sole ownership of the kettle. Plus, it may finally stop people who don't know us so well if we're a couple! This week we're running a special intensive program at the school. Since I'm still on evening shift, for me this involves striving to whip my kids into shape enough to put on a play (based on Robert Munsch's 'The Mud Puddle') by this Friday. Now my team aren't bad kids, but it's not a great reflection of them that I went straight from class to the store to buy beer. I'll let y'all know how it goes. The temperature has finally started to drop, but having said that it's still quite pleasant. Yesterday I was sat out in the sunshine in just a shirt watching the kids playing zombies (we had a special Halloween event this weekend but I wasn't working) up by the swimming pool. I'm told it will get very cold eventually though so I think some shopping is in order...

4 comments:

Emma said...

You could have used a better picture of me than the worst one! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much Emma, I hadn't realized it was you anyway, at first glance! (Or does that actually make things worse?)

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else wondered where Emma's lower arms and hands have gone?

Ryan said...

Witchcraft. I took half a dozen photos of her, and she doesn't appear to have arms in any of them...