Friday, October 20, 2006

Random photos

I've finally started learning Korean properly this week, and although I still only really know a handful of words, I do get a buzz when I manage to work out what something means, even though the kids laugh at us for having first grade textbooks. However, it's kinda tricky to represent the learning of Korean pictorially, so here's a picture of a horse, since I'm also trying to teach myself to draw better, using a book I borrowed off Rob a while ago, 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain': Next, a couple of photo's courtesy of Mary, from this last Friday night and another night a few weeks ago when we went out with some of the Korean staff: This last Friday when we went out we ended up at one of Seoul's infinitude of Singing Rooms for a couple of hours: basically it's karaoke but you get your own room, thus vastly limiting the pool of humiliation, which is nice. Great fun actually. And finally, to complete the randomity, some prettily dressed Kimono-clad Japanese ladies in Kyoto: And now I really must get to bed, even though it's Friday night and not yet half past ten - we're going to the DMZ tomorrow and we have to leave here at 5:45am...

No comments: