Saturday, July 29, 2006

I had hoped it might be octopi

Today's tea. Clockwise from top-left, we have: mini hamburger patties with rice cakes; omelette, a vegetable, radish kimchi, beansprout and cabbage soup; rice with cereal. Relative to our usual fare, this is not bad. They've been a bit Oliver Twist with the portions though. I dared go back for seconds and was blessed with a third hamburger and more omelette. Emma had words with one of the dinnerladies yesterday after they refused her request for a second ring of pineapple, so we've learned which ones to try and avoid now. The 'vegetable' is kinda spinachy, but greyer. The kimchi (the cold pickled very spicey stuff that is their National dish which I'm now describing for the very last time) was softer than it usually is. I like it crunchy meself. The soup was dull. Spicey yet bland, like a lot of the Korean food we've tried, there's no subtlety of flavour, it's just...spice. And the rice was rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that has made me love my English dinner even more then usual today! lol
Least you get a clean plate though, I rememeber school dinner at our school where you have to scrape bits of dried on food from the plates before you ate your cardboard chips and beans! I used to always end up getting a fork which had been bent out of place by some other persons teeth too.. yuck...