Monday, July 24, 2006

More Critters

The creatures have been out in force recently. I thought I might get away with out being plagued by bees and wasps this year, but apparently a few have been spotted in the last day or so. I'm told the wasps will come right up and pester you, so not looking forward to meeting them. This sad chap (below) got into my room last night; he didn't last long. Death by slipper: Then there's these guys, which are absolutely everywhere. They come out as night. Mostly. In truth, they're even smaller than this one looks; I've zoomed right in. But what they lack in bulk they make up for in sheer force of numbers. Ugh, even just talking about it makes me feel like they're on me... The question is though, which one of these swines did this to me: This actually doesn't do it justice, as you can't see the swelling. It's like I'm growing a second elbow on my left arm. I have three or four bites but this is the worst. I can only blame myself though - last night we went out for a Mr. Pizza pizza (not as tacky as it sounds), and we ended up eating it outside. I'd had repellent on earlier but forgot that I'd showered since. I think everyone that went got a few bites each though, so am in good company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the bug piccys Ry. (shame they are eating you).

Can you take some pictures of plants and trees also?

Anonymous said...

Nice film reference bro! hope you don't need to use this line from the same film - They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls, we're ******!

Anonymous said...

I reckon these are CIA bugs. (i.e. Creepy Insect Alliance). Not to worry though, you will be pleased to hear - or maybe not - that there is a swarm of Korean killer wasps heading your way, which will devour all the bugs!! Before you completely freak out I am only jesting, or am I.......?