Monday, July 31, 2006

Praise the lord for Chocolate Digestives

When 95% of the meals that you eat are variations on a theme, the odd occasion when something different does crop up means that no matter how full your stomach, you feel COMPELLED to continue eating just in case you don't get offered it again for a while. Yesterday they served us ham (read: Spam) and fried eggs (along with our rice, natch). I ended up eating four and a half eggs. Today I had three cartons of strawberry milk. It wasn't even that nice a brand of strawberry milk, it was artificial tasting and too sweet, yet for sheer novelty value alone, strawberry milk day still remains my second favorite day after chocolate milk day. Today we tried breakfast for the first time. We'd heard good things about the Monday breakfast - the kids don't get here until later so they do 'Western' style food for the teachers - meaning bacon and eggs, we were told. Course when I say bacon, it's really closer to Spam. Anyway, we must've got there too late, as although the menu advertised cereal, French toast and scrambled eggs, all that was left was the cereal. They did then bring out more toast, but, well, I ain't no expect on French toast, but this was just limp bread dipped in oil, so I don't know if that qualifies as ‘French’ or not. That said, I did eat three slices of the stuff with jam (cf. paragraph one: this doesn’t mean it was good). Then they brought out more eggs, but by the time I'd finished my bread the others had wolfed it all, the greedy swines. There weren't enough spoons so I had to wait until Emma was done with hers before I could get to my cornflakes, so of course they were way too soggy then. Oh, and even the pineapple juice managed to disappoint.. My Korean is still woeful, but I did recognize one of the few words I do know, 'u-yu', written on the side of the box. It means milk. Pineapple milk. Yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envy you the variety of breakfast foodstuffs (NOT!). Makes my kippers and Special K seem really boring.