Friday, November 17, 2006

Due

Well. I can't log in hotmail to access the eight messages it claims I have waiting for me because of unusually high server activity. Lost season three is on an outrageous thirteen week hiatus, so my evening's downloading plans are scuppered. And finally, there's nobody in at my parent's house (I was trying to ring to disprove rumours of me being on my deathbed that were beginning to circulate as a result of my not posting anything since the weekend, when I said I was a bit ill). Hence, I thought I may as well write something. I may have to rush as there is to be a blogger outage at 12:30PM (PST), but I don't know when that is relative to me. Aah, I just checked, it's okay, I have 5 hours still... It's been a busy week, we've had many kids here so am looking especially forward to seeing them off tomorrow. Emma's leaving do is on Saturday night, we're going to the salsa bar we went to a few months ago, then maybe to a nore bang (Korean Karaoke) afterwards. Should be fun. Anyway, in eight more days, she's gone. We were without heating for much of this week, was not at all pleasant. Now it's been 'fixed', except that part of the 'solution' involves never being able to turn the heating off again. It's all or nothing apparently. I'm in the process of changing over my email to gmail, so please email at ryjones114@gmail.com from now on. I guess I'll be checking both for a while anyway just to make sure. Korean class was heated tonight. There's only me and Christa there, so our teacher likes to pit us off against each other by awarding stars for getting questions right and winning at the games she devises. Tonight I was just about ready to flip the table over when Christa started edging ahead of me during a quiz we were doing on the bank vocab. She'd not studied OR done her homework, but she was still managing to get the right answers by sheer guesswork, it was so unfair. Yeah, that's right, Welsh: guesswork. Anyway, her prize was a packet of octupus crisps, so it's unclear who really came out the winner.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

And quite right too! I can't imagine how you ever get any work done!

Ryan said...

But of course! I put it right here for just such an occasion.

How exciting...

Anonymous said...

I don't trust our communication by email anymore, so look forward to chatting with you over the weekend.
Sorry we missed you today.

Glad that you are fit and well after all!