Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Mudpuddle

Yesterday was performance night for our theatre classes. It was not the complete disaster I had been anticipating, but that's not to say that I'm not glad it's over. My group were terrors. Individually they were all (mostly) decent kids, but together there was a very destructive group dynamic going on. I don't think I got through a single script read-through without at least on punch been thrown. And it was often the little girls beating up on the guys three years older than them so I was at a bit of a loss... We- well, they - handmade all their own props... This kid (the one in the middle if you couldn't guess) must have ADHD or something. He was the bane of my life this week. He alternated between three distinct personalities: comedian, violent hoodlum, and catatonic mental patient (my favourite, as at least he was quiet). One of my kids went home sick halfway through the week, but the show must go on, so I ended up being narrator number 2. I was just relieved he hadn't been playing the mud monster... And this is narrator number 1. English name: Undertaker.

No comments: