Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Homework

Short post today; for Korean class tomorrow, I have to memorise this page-long introduction of myself ('of myself'? 'to myself'? Why do they both sound wrong? What hope have I got with Korean when I'm not even sure about English?): I've got the brunt of it down ok, but what's giving me most jip is that Korean uses lots of markers that indicate the grammatical roles of certain words within a sentence: subjects, objects, topics, etc. What's the difference between a subject and a topic? I'm still trying to get my own head around that...

1 comment:

Katie said...

mmmmm...chocolate diget.

You may be interested to learn that I have finally stopped refilling my Korean water bottle as had an emergency ladybird trapping situation which required immediate bottle assistant today.

The water was starting to taste a little funny so prob just as well.

mmmmm...binch.