Monday, November 20, 2006

Emma's Leaving Party

She doesn't go home until Saturday next weekend, but we on Saturday we all went out to celebrate Emma's time here. We started with a salsa bar, Bahia, to put our occasional students through their paces; to help summon up some of that latino spirit, the bar supplied us with a small orchestra of instruments, including but not limited to: maracas, tamborines, some kind of drum which I will call a bongo, and my personal favourite, the cowbells. It is now my opinion that no song could suffer if there was just a little more cowbell. Here's Emma rockin' it up... And Melodie getting down with the 'bongo': And of course there was plenty of the dancing, especially for me, as the male/female ratio was rather low as usual! At one point I just dropped to my knees after finishing a dance with Vanessa, I was too exhausted to even walk back over to where we were sitting... With my favourite partner: The recently departed Shawn and Melody dancing their recently learned Bachata: We stayed until they pretty much kicked us out mid-Merengue at about 2am or so, but this being Emma's last big night out here, and her not yet having Nore Banged, most of us moved on. There are Nore bang joints (singing rooms) on every street corner in Seoul, so in fact we only had to go upstairs to find one that could accommodate us: And of course the night wouldn't be complete without an embarrassing video or two: You can view the full video playlist here, if you really must. Annyonghi kaseyo, Emma.

No comments: