Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fashion Show

Tonight's fashion show was my favourite so far, very glad I took my camera along. One of the key motifs of the night seems to have been facial hair, as we see here: Although I do think he was supposed to be a wizard. Another common theme is the the trashcan chic look - basically, how much newspaper and sellotape can we stick to one person and still allow him to walk and breathe? These guys came through pretty well in the end - they had to resort to rock-paper-scissors to decide who would be the model, but this kid totally rose to the challenge as you'll see: Next we have I think another wizard. There was also a boy who was forced to dress as a fairy/angel somewhere; I was planning to take a pic of him at the end but I was judging so had to write down the scores instead. Probably the design idea that occurs most often: dressing boys in dresses. Yesterday we had one in a wedding dress. I think maybe this kid was enjoying it just a little too much though, y'know? We mark the entrants on fashion, use of materials, and critically, on their walk down the catwalk. Through a fiendishly orchestrated tie in tonight's scoring, we had to resort to a 'walk off' for the final two contestants. Check out the kid at the back totally mincing it up for the crowd - he had us all in hysterics!

No comments: