Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Night Shift

I'm working on the late shift again this month; in fact, since me and Emma like nights so much, we've asked if we can be permentantly on this shift, and Kane and Eva (who prefer days) will have our early mornings. Whether or not we're allowed to do this kinda depends on if everyone else kicks up a stink, but we did ask first! Late shift means we don't have a class until 1:30pm at the earliest - today I had nothing until 3:30pm! - so I can and usually so waste the morning in bed! We have a few classes after lunch, then tea, an hour and a half break, then it's time for the evening activity. This week I'm on fashion show, the nature of which, if not self-evident, I'll explain in more detail later when I've taken a few pictures. I'll try to remember to take my camera tomorrow. Some of the kids make a real effort; others look like they've just crawled out of a dustbin lorry. Often it's an exercise in humiliation: just how ridiculous will these kids make their own teamates look? Answer: very. Wait for the pictures. Another bonus of night shift is not having to work weekends, so can actually go out on Saturday nights and not worry about work the next morning. On the early shift pattern, you're lucky if you get two consecutive days off in any given month. The only disadvantage of evening shift is that I have absolutely no incentive to drag myself away from the internet, so could very easily stay here surfing, oblivious to the time, until 2am or more. Hence wasting most mornings in bed...

No comments: