Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Police Station

One of my classes this week is Police Station. As part of the class, I ask the kids to shout out the words for any crimes they know. My first two classes of the day weren't very forthcoming, they gave me 'murder', 'stealing', 'hit and run', maybe a couple of the others. My final class of the day got off with a slow start - they initially offered up 'killing' and 'stealing', but I was having none of this, and pushed them for more with the offer of excellent stamps if they gave me more suggestions. "Sell baby!" one boy came out with. Fair enough - I was surprised as I didn't realise this was issue in Korea, but, relieved to finally be getting some feedback, I wrote it on the board anyway. "Touching!", cried one of the girls. I really wanted to ask who was touching who in this scenario, but decided to pretend not to hear instead. The first boy then mimed injecting something into his forearm. Whether he was being poisoning or he was shooting up I wasn't able to clarify as the suggestions were coming thick and fast now. "Sell human!" "For what purpose!?" Maybe I shouldn't have asked but I didn't get much of an explanation anway. "Buy woman!" "Um...y'know what, shall we play a game now?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking about crimes - what about "sheet stealing"? You almost got CLEAN away with this FILTHY crime!