Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Post Office

In Post Office class, the kids write and post a letter either to their family, or a favourite teacher. We all have a mailbox in the room, so every now and again we pop in to check whether anybody's written to us recently. Obviously, you can't go too often, as you don't want anyone to get the impression that you think it matters at all who gets the most. But is nice when you get some.

Dear Ryan Hello, My name is Sally I send for you because your name is same of my school English teacher. And you're body is much thinner than him. His is also went to Pungnap SEV [another English camp like ours]. My favorite class is music class. Because I like listening to music. And Douglas teacher is very nice and so good and kind. I hope you're happy. Sally P.S. Please give me a mail.
Dear mother Ryan, I'm happy here. I many new friends. Their names are Tonny and Sam. And my favorite class is cooking class. I hope you're happy. Love food Jimmy. P.S again Souel English Villege
It's Jimmy! Note that neither of these kids actually cite my class as being their favourite. This next one does though:
Dear Ryan, I'm happy heare. I have new friends. Their names are Jenny and Julie. And my favourite class is homestay. I hope you're happy. Love(?) Ryan(???!!!) P.S Aileen
Aileen chose to illustrate her envelope with this charming picture of Emma and I. I don't know what she is trying to insinuate:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do they all hope you are happy?! do you never smile....

Ryan said...

If their English isn't so good, they use a template, which by the looks of it, was written by someone who's English maybe wasn't so good...