Friday, August 04, 2006

They found him lying in a pool of his own sweat

That's what my epitaph's gonna say. I know I used to complain a little about the rain, but please, bring back the rain. As soon as August began, it's like somebody somewhere turned a little knob, flipping us instantly from torrential rain to torrential sunshine. It hurts my eyes just to be outside in it. And making us work at all is bad enough, but to make us take the kids hiking? In the middle hours of the day, under the unleashed power of the mighty sun's electromaganetic fury? That's just plain mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blimey Ry. I hope you're slapping on the suncream! They should let you have a siesta - it's not fair. Roll on September, does it get cooler then?
I bet you won't complain about the British weather ever again when you get back!
Just heard that tomorrows weather for you is going to be 33 degrees and foggy!! Rather bizarre .....